Hip Pain in Burbank, Los Angeles
What Causes Hip Pain?
Hip pain can be caused by a variety of different factors both acute and chronic in nature. Hip Labrum tears, tendonitis, bursitis, deformity, chondromalacia, cartilage damage, avascular necrosis, fractures, dislocations, synovitis and arthritis are some of the most common causes of hip pain.
There are three major categories of arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis - Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in the hip and usually occurs in people 50 years or older but sometimes it can occur in younger people as well. It is a degenerative ’wear and tear’ type of condition where the cartilage in the hip gradually wears away causing the bones to grind with one another creating an inflammatory and painful signal within the hip. The pain associated with osteoarthritis typically worsens with time as the body is unable to regenerate cartilage that has worn away.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic auto-immune disease where the body attacks multiple joints throughout the body, including the hip joint. The immune system can attack the hip cartilage and soft tissue and lead to degenerative changes and inflammation which may lead to significant hip pain. If conservative treatments fail to alleviate the pain, patients may become candidates for hip replacement surgery.
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis: Post-traumatic arthritis occurs in patients whom have had some prior fracture or injury to their hip which increase the risk of developing arthritis.
Below is a list of some of the most common symptoms of arthritis in the hip:
- Pain around the hip joint
- Pain and stiffness in the morning or after sitting or resting for a while
- Pain in your groin or thigh that radiates to your buttocks or your knee
- Pain that flares up with vigorous activity
- Stiffness in the hip joint that makes it difficult to walk or bend
- "Locking" or "sticking" of the joint, and a grinding noise (crepitus) during movement
- Walking with a limp
- Leg length discrepancy
- Increased joint pain with rainy weather
Nonoperative Options Available:
- Lifestyle modifications
- Physical Therapy
- Assistive devices for walking
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Cortisone Injections
Surgical Options Available In Burbank, Los Angeles
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Total Hip Replacement
Contact Us Today
Contact us today at Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement Institute to schedule an appointment to evaluate your hip pain. Dr. Eli Ahdoot and our specialists are waiting to share their knowledge and offer the right treatment plan for you. We serve patients in Burbank, Los Angeles and welcome patients of other areas.